McDowall Family Medical Centre was first established in 1982. The Principal of MFMC, Dr Norris Chern, consults on a full time basis with two affiliate GP's and several Allied Health practitioners.The Facility offers Registered Nursing staff in addition to supportive reception staff .The positive relationships held with Allied Health practitioners allows MFMC to provide wholistic care for patients within the local community.
MFMC is a fully accredited facility with AGPAL and encourages staff and medical personnel to be proactive in pursuing educational opportunities and personal growth. MFMC is also classified as a Category 1 practice for the purpose of GPTQ Registrar training. This program enables Doctors in training to focus on specific skills required to work within General Practice and provides a framework for conducting future commercial practice whilst operating under best practice guidelines in the deliver of patient care.
MFMC is focused on providing your whole family with personalised, professional, quality healthcare.
MFMC is a Mixed Billing Practice. Our Surgery Fees are as follows:-
Monday - Friday Appointments
Bulk Billing is only available during the week for Aged Pensioners, Health Care Card Holders and Children under the age of 16.
Standard (15-20mins) = $65.00 (Rebate = $37.60)
Long (20-40mins) = $100.00 (Rebate = $72.80)
Extra Long (>40mins) = $135.00 (Rebate = $107.15)
Wednesday Night Appointments
No Bulking Billing from 5pm on Wednesday nights. Appointments available with Dr Caroline Burge
No Bulk Billing available on Saturdays. Appointments are billed at a slightly higher rate. A discounted fee will be charged to Children & Concession Card Holders.
Standard (15-20mins) = $70.00 (Rebate = $37.60)
Long (20-40mins) = $105.00 (Rebate = $72.80)
Extra Long (>40mins) = $140.00 (Rebate = $107.15)
We are registered LMO's for Veteran Affairs.
Home visits and after hours visits are privately billed.
We offer a comprehensive range of Services including:
- Antenatal Care & Pregnancy
- Baby Checks, Child Health & Immunisations
- Full Health Check Ups & Preventative Health
- Women’s Health /Pap Smears / Menopause Advice
- Men’s Health / Prostate
- Mental Health Care Plans / Counselling
- Family Planning Advice incl, Hormone implants - Insertions & removals
- Sexual Health & Screening
- Skin / Mole Checks / Cryotherapy Treatment
- Aged Care & Medical Management for over 65’s
- Management of Chronic Health Conditions
- Weight Problems, Diet & Exercise Advise
- Travel Medicine & Vaccines
- Driver’s Medicals Assessments
- Workcover / Insurance Reports
- Dive Medicals
- Minor Surgery
- Wound Care & Dressings
- ECGs (Electrocardiograms)
- Hearing Tests
- Lung Function Tests
- Riverhealth Podiatry